Friday, November 03, 2006

Down memeory lane


Sauntering down memory lane,
I sighed.
I’m at war with myself,
No one replied.


It’s the end of the road,
I need to sort these feelings inside,
I need to understand this game.
Standing naked and alone
I rake those thoughts of mine
A smile flits across my face, remembering everything we shared,
Then, we both cared.


But then one day,
At a random jest of mine,
I was slandered,
My meaning mistook.
I was offended and hurt,
But did you care?
So blinded were you, my thoughts you wouldn’t share.
I tried to explain,
But you only looked upon me with disdain.
Instead you wanted me to apologize,
But what about my sentiments?
What about those rents?


I promised to be there every time you needed me,
And always will be,
But for you I will not lower myself and crawl,
I’m not yet that small.


I’m not jealous,
Not matter what you think.
For I can’t love you so much
To feel such bitterness towards another whom you do.


I’m not your cur at your beck and call,
For I believe in what I stand for,
And will not fall.
It is only you whom you deceive
If you think in time I’ll crumble,
I’m more willful than you think
And I will not sink.
It is that hard for me to debase myself
I’ll never be able to look at my mirror again,
And you’re not worth that.


That’s all there is to it,
There is no more.
I’d rather say goodbye,
Than tell myself a lie.

7 comments:

Ritwika said...

It isn't. Not that much, at least. Soppy, I mean.
And relate to it? Yes, some of us can.
Some of us who've "realised" that, well, enough is really too much.
I don't know if I'm making sense. But yes, I could relate, to parts of it, at least.

Lúthien Táralóm said...

Well thanks. I think we've all had our share of crappy friends.

Anonymous said...

it reminds me of the lovely days with zombie.brilliant writing.i could never channel my depression and anger so constructively.

Lúthien Táralóm said...

Thanks Fëanáro. This was about my days with Steven.

Anonymous said...

steven, really??
you never told me about it. well, you must, properly.

Anonymous said...

that's me, sorry. i click without realizing.

Lúthien Táralóm said...

Thanks for visiting Abhay. Oh do give poetry a shot. I'd love to see the fist peom you write.